Make Extra Income Sharing What You Love!

Make Extra Income Sharing What You Love!
Make Extra Income Sharing What You Love! Click on Image to Find out More

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cannon-fire off San Pedro

Shooting off the cannons for the group of middle school kids out to experience the ocean today! Click on the pic to read the full story at http://SailingWithAlbie.blogspot.com"


Out of the dock, the first Mate yelled all 'crew' to stations and this meant the children too! Our station - #1 was in charge of the jibs at the bow." We set sail in two ships that morning on our way out to the ocean. This morning was a little different than most day sails in that we were taking out both the tall ships 'Exy & Irving Johnson' and had photographers ready to take pictures too. I was so inspired by all that happened today that I took a lot of pictures too! I couldn't believe the pictures I got! Here's what I wrote about that morning:

"Exy's big cannon blasted off at us and smoke fumed out over the sea. The shot rang and echoed in our heads nearly making our teeth rattle! A cannon ball shot over my head. Hold on, did I just say that? I meant to say a grape fruit. Because that's what we shot out of the cannon on the way back from Santa Barbara Island. Or was that from a big sling shot I'm thinking about? Oh well, whatever it was, nothing really shot over my head except my active imagination and a lot of smoke! Soon the Exy was blanketed in the grey stuff and I couldn't help but think how cool it all looked. For the next few hours we tacked and beat into the south westerly wind - always keeping our eyes out for the Exy Johnson's position."

Read the rest of the story here: http://sailingwithalbie.blogspot.com/2012/03/blanketed-by-cannon-smoke.html?m=1

Thanks for your comments!

-Albie
http://SailingWithAlbie.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Bad Weather Coming

Bad Weather Coming
In the morning 20 knot winds with heavy rain came

My Daughter Sailing with Me!

My Daughter Sailing with Me!

My Son Kayaking

My Son Kayaking
He's having fun on the kayak after sailing

Buttercup Staying Warm in the V-Birth

Buttercup Staying Warm in the V-Birth
I'm out in the rain storm, while she's all happy and dry!

Sailing Out to R2 Bouy

Sailing Out to R2 Bouy
Sails are full as I sail past the big ships near bouy

Me and Buttercups Puppy!

Me and Buttercups Puppy!
Puppy looks like Buttercup, huh!

Sail Boats off the Shore of Malabu

Sail Boats off the Shore of Malabu
Lovely afternoon as I sailed by watching the other boats at sea.

Picture of Point Dume

Picture of Point Dume
Sailied out to Point Dume on Malabu Coast.

Sailing into Slip

Sailing into Slip
I have my karoseen lantern still on this evening

Surreal Sunset After the Storm

Surreal Sunset After the Storm
Suddenly the storm was over and the clouds broke to reveal the hidden sunset behind

My Son out on the Boat

My Son out on the Boat